Sunday, February 26, 2017

Pray Without Ceasing

 "Pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV)
 "Praise God continually" (Hebrews 13:15)
 
There are two ways in which we can take "pray without ceasing" and "praise God continually." Sometimes people stop praying about a certain thing. On the one hand, I know as i walk through the day I get moments when i suddenly have to pray. And on the other hand, I also feel we should never cease praying for anything or anyone. Often, the verse has been used to be a mystical commandment...always pray even when we aren't praying. Which is true. But more often than not in the Bible, "ceasing from prayer" implies never giving up praying or a particular people or thing. We must never give up on something and say that God won't ever answer that prayer.

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; Colossians 1:9

Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; Ephesians 1:6

Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by ceasing to pray for you; but I will instruct you in the good and right way. 24"Only fear the LORD and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you 1 Samuel 12:23

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts